1. The name of the scheme is the NADP Communication Support Scheme
2. The purpose of the scheme is to offer financial assistance to provide adequate communication support in cases where such support has been refused by a service supplier.
3. The form of communication support which will be considered for assistance is that most likely to be used by members of NADP. i.e. English based communication support such as verbatim
speech to text reporting, lipspeaking, manual notetaking, electronic notetaking etc.
4. Assistance under the scheme is available exclusively to NADP supporting members.
5. Application for assistance will be made in such form as the Trustees of NADP shall decree from time to time.
6. Awards will be made on a first come first served basis on the proviso that funds for this purpose are limited and the decisions of the Trustees are final and binding. Applications will be
considered as soon as possible after receipt and applicants will be informed of the Trustees decision without delay.
7. Awards will not be made in cases where communication support has been unreasonably refused. In such cases NADP would endeavour to ensure that the service provider is made aware of, and
complies with, the provisions of the Equality Act 2010 and any subsequent relevant legislation.
8. Any financial awards will not be paid directly to the applicant, but will be paid to the Communication Support Professional who provides the communication support. Payment will be made on
provision of an invoice confirming that support was provided at the agreed venue or event.